Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Christmas in July!

It's always hard to think of Christmas when it's 100 degrees out (darn you, heat wave!!!) but I'm finally planning my Christmas knitting. Some of it is already in progress. It's just sitting here staring at me and mocking me.

I don't knit for many people for gifts, just the ones who are dearest to me and who I know appreciates handcrafted presents. So I made my list and was happy to note that I could use stash yarn for everything but 2 gifts. So for those 2 gifts....I went to Etsy!

The talent of handdyers on Etsy can't be underestimated....

For one present, I found this:
I needed fingering weight yarn and this was such a beautiful but understated colorway, perfect for my friend. I found this on Little Red Bicycle's shop and it's a nylon/superwash merino blend.

The next one is for a friend who is a bit more adventurous with color
It's called Hawkeye (from a line of colors based on the Avengers movie) from GnomeAcres. I had already purchased Sonic Screwdriver yarn and Black Widow yarn from GnomeAcres and LOVE them. Squishy yummy yarn!

There's a new baby coming as well (coworker! not me!) and I have some merino bits left in my stash to make some hats and booties. Looking at making some burp cloths too with my stash of cotton yarn.

I have knitting in the works for me as well but I'll post more on that later.


Currently listening to: Knit Knit Cafe podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment