Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Mailbox Adventures!

I  felt the desperate need to have a knitted gnome. No particular reason, but I just wanted a gnome. I searched online and found The Traveling Gnome pattern and it was free! (Check out the rest of her cute patterns!). I knit one...then another.....then another.  They became addictive and many people wanted one. So....since I need something in return ;) I devised a game. I was shocked how many people wanted a gnome AND wanted to play the game.

Lo and behold, the Photo Scavenger Hunt begins. One gnome is now in Africa, one is at a Star Wars celebration in Orlando, one went to Bristol and 2 more just got mailed to Chicago and Maryland.

Check out the photos here: http://mailboxadventures.tumblr.com/

I'm only knitting a few every few weeks to give the guys a chance to spread out into the world. I'm excited to see the creativity that my friends can show.

*******************************************************************
I'm currently working on Christmas gifts, including a Hitchhiker scarf that is turning out beautifully. I'm also still working on chemo caps for IU Health's Cancer Center through my group, The Firewalker Project. I just got 12 chemo caps in the mail *happy dance*

*******************************************************************

Newly discovered podcasts! I've been gearing more towards video podcasts at home. So much better than watching TV.

Knit Me Happy
SassyPantsKnitter


I like both of them a lot so far. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment