Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

WIP it. WIP it good.

As part of my new year 2016, I decided to go through ALL of my Works In Progress and either frog them or finish them. Some of these things have been on the needles for years!!

I only ended up frogging one item, but the yarn is a gorgeous Malabrigo in chocolate brown and bright blue so I think that will just end up being another project really soon.

So here's what I have to finish this year:

My Viajante

Martina Behm is a talented designer. I've already made her Hitchhiker and Trillian and started tackling  the Viajante. Whew. This is made from lace yarn and I think it's going to take forever. It looks like I ended right at the point where I need to join so I'll at least keep it out so I can keep it moving. It will be pretty when it's done since it's in Gnomeacres Gnomey Night (inspiration: Starry Nights by Van Gogh) and it has sparkles!


Blanket

That's all I can say about this :) It's a present for someone who may or may not read the blog

Socks

Rose City Rollers pattern and that's all I can say about this as well :)


Love Bites Sweater

From the Vampire Knits book, I chose the Love Bites sweater because I realized I had an awful lot of grey Berroco Vintage yarn and I wanted a simple sweater to start with. It's casted on and has several rounds already worked. Technically a guys sweater, I am knitting the smallest size. It does call for dropping stitches but I think I'm going to try something different. In Buffy The Vampire Slayer, she had a sweater that had random purl stitches all over the body. I like it and am going to try that with this one.

Best picture I could find

Sparkley Gradient Shawlette

I've already made one of these shawlettes in a rainbow gradient and love it. I got this yarn as part of the Sunnydale (again - Buffy) yarn club from Dizzy Color and it's so pretty. I'm already through the green and have hit the blue. Easy pattern to memorize.



Boneyard Shawl

A Stephen West design, I'm diligently working through this. It will be an awesomely large shawl to wrap around myself in the office. Still on skein one of two of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the Minestrone colorway.

Exploration Station

Another Stephen West design, this was a mystery knit-a-long but I got diverted. Still going to finish it! I really like the bright colors I picked but, now that I know what the finished design looks like, I'm thinking some neutral colors would look good too.

BRIGHT!
Iced

My first cardigan. I left it at the entire body completed with one sleeve done. What? Just a sleeve and a yoke to finish. But when I pulled it out to look at .... eh, I need to rip out the bind off of the body and lengthen it. Maybe that's why it just languished. Still will be a very very cozy cardigan and it will get finished.


Hermione Socks

First sock leg is still on the needles. I know the yarn came from the Tempted yarn club but I don't have the label anymore. Still working up very pretty and I just need to knuckle down and get them done!


I Flunked The Written

Buffy again! This is a pattern that came with the Sunnydale yarn club. Very pretty and I'm using one of their yarns, O Soave Fanciulla. Dizzy Color does an amazing job at taking inspiration and making a beautiful yarn. This will get done as well!

O Soave Fanciulla


I found some projects I inherited from a friend who passed away. Unfortunately, there are no patterns with the projects or even labels for the yarn, so I will be frogging those and re-vamping the yarn for another use.

The next post will be what I'm planning with new yarn (what? yes, new yarn because I'm an idiot). But I really need to get some of these off the needles!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment