Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shadow/Illusion Knitting

While I'm on vacation, I'm still knitting for others, finishing up Christmas gifts. But I brought a project out of hiding for *gasp* myself.

I wanted to do illusion knitting so I started a piano scarf, oh, about 4 months ago. It's coming along slowly because I keep getting distracted with non-me knitting. Winter will be over by the time I get this done, but really, it's more for the looking right now than it is for the wearing.

For Ravelry folks: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/counterpoint-scarf

Illusion knitting means that when viewed straight on, you have a typical design. In this case, the design is just black and white stripes.

Simple stripes, right?

Ok, so this was the harder part - trying to photograph the illusion.

When viewed from a different direction, we have the beginnings of a piano keyboard.

Neat, huh?

I have a lot of work to do, but it's exciting to see the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment