Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Fiber Festival and Twisted Kneecaps

Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival is coming up this weekend and it's a good one. I went last year and was slightly overwhelmed at all of the vendors and stuff to see and squish. Alas, I will not be attending this year due to a new craft brew fest just minutes from my house. I hope to go next year even though I still have yarn from the previous year (it's called stash!).

Thanks to my slobbery dog, I slid in water on the kitchen floor last week and twisted my knee. I will spare you the graphic details but it really hurt. One week later, I'm ok but with an achy knee so I've been in the recliner a bit. I run around and do my stuff, then put my leg up for a bit. On the plus (!) side, I've gotten some knitting done.

On The Needles
The vanilla sock for my friend is still going... stronger now though. I've turned the heel and am working on the foot. I spent a lot of last night knitting and finishing Downton Abbey (still haven't hit the season finale yet but oh, the drama!) I was really hoping to get one sock done and off the needles this weekend so I could start the next but I have a bout of Startitis coming on....

My mom's Christmas present is still going. It will take a bit and, since I'm not entirely sure she reads this, I'm just going to keep it a secret.

All Queued Up
I don't want to start a new cardigan (yes, I do) until my Iced is finished. But the Iced is very large and bulky and .... just finish it, Amanda!

I DO want to start the Freesia pattern though and I have 2 giant skeins of yarn that would be perfect. I haven't started it because I already have so many things in progress but I'm itching to start something new.

What to do? What to do??

For Your Eyes
Besides Downton Abbey, I've started up watching The Guild on NetFlix. So, so awkward and wrong, but so good.

In Your Ear
Still reading/listening to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green for the book club. The club was moved to a day I can't go so, shoot. But it's still a very good book and I already recommend it even with 2 hours left to listen to.

I think this is meant to make people weepy, being a YA book and all, but I'm mostly nodding along. Having lost friends (way too many) to cancer and having barely escaped it myself, I have to admit that Green captured some of the thoughts patients have well.

Next up, Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I need to know how this story ends!

I leave you now...

Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment