Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Spotlight on Anderson

I had (note the past tense) a dilemma. I have 2 festivals - technically three, but I digress - landing on the same day. What is a girl to do??

On June 7th, I had to choose between a fiber festival and a craft brew festival. I chose the craft brew but let me explain why I chose beer over yarn:

My little town of Anderson really is a sad place. Once all the car factories pulled out we didn't have a lot going for us. We were one of the places Michael Moore splashed on the screen in his documentary Roger & Me about sad, car factory places. For the first time ever, Anderson is having a Brewfest. I really do try and support my town but there hasn't been a lot to support. Now... on June 7th, I am wholeheartedly supporting the Brewfest and going to sample Indiana beers with local food and vendors. It's literally 10 minutes from my home and I have Indy friends coming to join me. I really really want something good in Anderson. I can't complain about my town's lack of things that are good and then turn around and ignore something like this. Plus... craft beer.

One of the other good things about Anderson is Good's Candy, and lo and behold, they are holding their Strawberry Festival the same day! I've been to this before and it's delicious!

So two excellent festivals on the same day, in my hometown, within minutes from me. I can't say no.

While we are at it, I'll be partaking in Gene's Hot Dogs - an Anderson staple - and possibly Frazier's Dairy Maid ice cream. THAT is what Anderson has that is good. I hope we get more but for now, I will keep carting my friends to these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment