Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lace and Selfishness

I had decided to make a friend's daughter a pretty lace scarf for Christmas....but it turned out to be her birthday present in February. Ah well. It still turned out beautiful.

I really do like knitting lace and think I'm ready to tackle something bigger than a lace scarf. Darn, this means more browsing on Ravelry for patterns.

This scarf was a free pattern and is super simple. After a point, I didn't need the pattern in front of me anymore.  The yarn I got from Etsy and it's a handdyed bluish/purple and looks very pretty.

The Buddha models the scarf for me.

*************
I did finish my shrug and wore it out to an afternoon play. I quite like it but I'm thinking I need a pretty shawl pin to keep it closed (especially in the winter - spring will be ok opened). I don't have pictures because I'm a poor model but hopefully I'll get some done up soon.

*************
I always enjoy looking at knitting magazines and marking what I'd like to do. With the Interweave Knits Spring 2012 issue though, I can't get over 2 patterns and 1 isn't even a pattern, just a picture of the finished project. The first is on page 19 and is a Big Cable Front Vest by Mari Lynn Patrick. Her work is AMAZING - look at the #5 Marilyn Top in the link of her name.

Isn't this great!?!
Ok, then I found a pattern that is a little intimidating but I have to do because it blew my mind. Page 26 of the magazine is Erica Patberg's Cobble Hill Pullover. It's a sweater you can wear at least 4 different ways. I already know I'm doing this. I'm already searching for the right yarn.


I'm ready for some more selfish knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment