Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Tale of Christmas Socks

For some reason, I was determined that my mom, my sister and I each have a pair of handknit Christmas socks for Christmas morning. I'm not that bright.....

All yarn by Gnomeacres!

I made myself socks first with To Be Jolly. Easy peasy.

Ordered up Mistletoe and Under the Tree for my mom and sister. Slower going because work was entirely too busy and I have a hard time knitting the same pattern over and over. But I got them finished while I was in Chicago after Thanksgiving with friends. It's amazing what you can do when you are forced to relax in a hotel room and you don't watch TV.

The lighting wasn't great but here's the finished Sister socks:

Onward to my mom's socks. Mistletoe turned out to be a beautiful colorway. But it took even longer to knit because of work and holiday obligations. Did I mention that I was silly? My dog, Eva, got horribly sick on the 21st with vestibular syndrome and, since she's almost 100 lbs, she ended up in the animal hospital because I couldn't take care of her. Tons of stress but I was determined to finish the socks. Mom said not to worry, but I couldn't NOT do this. I couldn't leave mom with just one Christmas sock!


Christmas Eve, at 11:59pm, I finished mom's second sock.

And we all had Christmas handknit socks on Christmas morn......

The End.

1 comment: