Search This Blog

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Kool-Aid....OOOOOHHHHHH YEEAAAAHHHH!

I went with another round of kool-aid dyeing. I have acid dyes but need to get all the proper equipment for that and kool-aid takes pretty much zero effort. So ... kool-aid. Plus my house smelled awesomely fruity during this....

I choose 10 cent packets (not even real kool-aid!!! just "drink mix" from Kroger) of pink lemonade and black cherry. Set it up and knock it down.


I have bare yarn from Knit Picks, fingering weight, so I can make socks. We have black cherry on the left and pink lemonade on the right. Five packets a piece, mixed with boiling water. Hint: don't stand over lemonade when adding hot water. Wow.

I can't get a great photo to really show the brightness of the pink but it turned out well. I left the white portion deliberately, hoping for a neat variation of colors.


And now I need to make more socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment