Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

So much knitting... so little time.

The 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi Russia are coming!!! I have always loved the winter Olympics more than summer for some reason (considering how much I detest snow.. it's a wonder). This one proves to be particularly polarizing since Russia is so blatantly against homosexuals and the rest of the world isn't.

It's also time for the Ravellenics! My first ever time participating. The events are up and I'm planning my strategy. I might have to assign more work to my team mates so that I have more time to knit in February. Priorities, people. Priorities.

I think my events are: Mitten Mogul (I need another pair of fingerless mitts OR I will make my sister's mittens that she was supposed to get at Christmas), Cross Cowling (I need the gap-tastic cowl. Made one for my sister and since I can't snatch it off her neck, I have to make my own) and possibly Scarf Super-G. The Hat Halfpipe is there so I can see how many chemo caps I can whip out for the Firewalker Project. How long is the Olympics? Surely I can do this!

As added events, I plan on, if I make fingerless mitts for myself, to make cabled mitts as a challenge and to enter into the Cable Cross Country.

So to the patterns I think I'll be doing!

The mittens will be Warmest Mittens and I did just get the needles I needed for these. The yarn will match the cowl I already made my sister which was Studio Tricot Cedrone.
 
Not sure of the cabled mitts yet because there are tons of patterns and I haven't decided yet. I'll post once I figure it out.

The cowl is the GAP-tastic cowl and it's beee-you-tiful! I know I have gray bulky yarn but that seems...meh so I'm going to stash dive a bit and see what else I can come up with
Sister's cowl

For the Scarf event, I want to make a damn statement. And that statement is:

The rainbow pride scarf. Pretty sure I have all the colors but have about 19 days to get everything I need.

The hats are basic chemo caps. I'm going to try and see how many people I can get to make the hats between February 7th and the 23rd.

That's it for now..... but come back. Gnomeacres is doing another Make-A-Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment