Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

A cup o'rooibos

My postman made me happy today.

I ordered a birthday present for a friend from Knit Picks and it arrived today. Because I'm mostly selfish, I also ordered me 3 skeins of bare yarn and a dye sampler kit. Take a guess what my Thanksgiving vacation is going to consist of....

I also ordered some of Gnomeacres holiday yarn. I already made myself Christmas socks and Amanda from GA has put out this year's round of holiday yarn. So I'm making a pair of Christmas socks for my mom and sister. The catch is they must be done by Christmas...hoo boy. Looks like I need to start working less and knitting more. Anywho, I got Under the Tree and Mistletoe. Wound up Under the Tree to start and it's gorgeous. Going to cast on a pair of vanilla socks tonight so they are on the needles and ready to be knit.

Started knitting a cap in Knit Picks Brava. I wasn't sure about using 100% acrylic but they had an offer a bit ago for a free skein to try so I got my free skein. I actually really like it! I'm making a cap for a friend who is going through chemo and it's the perfect softness with wash-ability.  I'm using my standard, go to cap pattern, Just a Beanie. Again, I want to get this complete soon so he has it when it turns wintery and cold.

I don't think my other friend reads my blog so I'm going to go ahead and show the pattern I'm knitting up for him. I'm taking this pattern and making it in gray for brain cancer. He does runs in memory of his sister who passed away a year ago from brain cancer and I thought this would be a good cap to keep his noggin warm and spread the awareness message.

And holy crap.... I need to make an adult size of this for myself:


Trying to figure out something fun for the December Knit N Bitch. One member suggested a get together at the Mounds Park pavilion. That could be good, with maybe a dessert pitch in or cookie exchange. Thinking...thinking.....

Not doing a terrible amount of holiday knitting this year. I've learned my lesson! But I'll post what I get done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment