Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Is that Cyclops winking or blinking?

I completed one Chicago Adventure sock!!!!


My sock in full sunlight, as I turned the heel. We haven't seen full sunlight in a while....

My completed sock, laying on the dog. Colors don't turn up quite as well but it's a doozy of a sock.

The second sock is casted on and in progress. I also casted on vanilla socks for my friend, Susan. She bought some yarn while we were in Evanston, IL for a road trip and I told her I'd make her socks (she is a non-knitter). She bought Madeline Tosh yarn and it's so dreamy to work with! I've not yet knitted with Tosh although I have some in my stash. Susan chose a gorgeous colorway too. I had casted on a different pattern but realized that the colors were so dark, the pattern just wasn't showing up. So I went to a plain vanilla sock to showcase the colors instead.

Madeline Tosh - Envy

I also finished my Boston Marathon scarf and got it sent off. I just did a 2-toned (half blue, half yellow) farrow rib scarf out of super bulky/squishy yarn. It turned out nice!
Model: Henry the Head

Besides the 2 pairs of socks on the needles, I'm trying to finish a prayer shawl I had started a while back. I actually have 2 in progress and really want to get them off the needles. I have several things ready to go to cancer centers for The Firewalker Project but am holding on to finish the two shawls. As always, I collect caps and shawls for cancer centers across the nation! Contact me through the link or here for more info.

I'll have pictures soon but I am reorganizing my craft room. It's out of control. I bought storage stuff to help out and will be putting things together soon.

And lastly:

Eva says hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment