Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Chicago Adventure

I'm trying to make progress on my Chicago Adventure socks, but distractions abound. At least I'm at the heel flap now. That's progress, right?

I found some gorgeous Corriedale sock yarn at Loopy Yarns in Chicago on an adventure trip last year. Never worked with Corriedale before and the feel of it is quite different than other sock yarns I've worked with, but I think they will be super warm (if I can get them done before winter goes away. Who am I kidding? Winter is never going away!). The yarn is Hand Painted Knitting Yarns and is in an orange, pink, maroon, greens colorway.

Up close and personal

Once they are done, I'll be reminded of the Art Institute of Chicago (we saw the Picasso exhibit), the park and bean we didn't get to really visit, but walked by many times and finally meeting my friend, Ro. It's amazing what yarn can do.

I've been distracted from the socks by a few things:

Library books! Man, why do I get sucked back in to the library? It's like a black hole and I WANT-ALL-THE-BOOKS. I grabbed Ashfall by Mike Mullin for my kindle based on a friend's recommendation and everything else in the world kinda ceases to exist. It's a YA book but so far, really good. The whole concept of Yellowstone finally erupting is pulling me in.

I also just picked up The Sixth Extinction because of The Daily Show interview. Should be uplifting.

Cross Stitch!  I've been tugged back to the dark side. Mostly thanks to the Commuter Knitter podcast. I'm working on HULK SMASH

 I found these shops with very awesome patterns:

Nerdy Little Stitcher
Grannie Panties
Wee Little Stitches
XStitch My Heart

I bought quite a few patterns, so more cross stitch to come! Perhaps some embroidery too?

And my last real distraction




No comments:

Post a Comment