Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Podcast Spotlight: Commuter Knitter

I'm trying to catch up (re-discover) podcasts. I've been listening to quite a few audio books that podcasts took a backseat for a bit. Well, they are back and I'm catching up on the Commuter Knitter podcast. Jen from the New England area is the host.



I love this concept. She commutes to and from work and podcasts along the way. I have no idea how she does it because I think I would be all over the place without notes in front of me but she's very coherent and fluid. The podcast has a Ravelry group here.

My favorite part of this podcast is the host. She's ambitious in her knitting, teaching herself double knitting and designing her own patterns (with double knitting!) and she's very enthusiastic about the projects she works on. Her Big Bang Theory scarf, while still in progress, makes me drool and it's all her own design. I can't wait to see it complete and I hope she writes up a pattern for it.

The latest episodes have her talking about another craft, cross stitch. I used to cross stitch a lot but it's fallen by the wayside. Jen has re-ignited my desire to get back to it and even links to some really good patterns on Etsy. Thanks! Another craft to add back in!

Funny enough, I've been catching up on this podcast on my own 45 minute (each way) commute. It makes for a much nicer drive to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment