Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Snow Fatigue

Another snow storm is underway here in the Midwest. We're in the lull, I believe, with round 2 hitting this afternoon. Oh joy. I have to say, I'm disappointed in this one. We were supposed to get anywhere from 9" to 18" but now we're reduced to 3" to 6". Why am I disappointed? Because I don't want to drive to work on Monday. 9" to 18" is a definite snow day, while 3" to 6" is just a miserable drive. Plus, I bought some crafty stuff to keep me busy on my snow day! Now it won't happen!

This weekend I did a deliberate "no-plan" weekend. I've been home with the dog, puttering around the house. I really needed this downtime. My brain was fritzing out.

Aside from puttering, I did complete ONE mitten for my sister (as part of her Christmas 2013). I finally found a pattern I really liked. I felt like the thumb was fiddly, but I think it was because of the large needles and super bulky yarn. I started the second one today and should have it finished tonight. I plan on lightly felting them so they are a bit more solid and warmer.

As you can see from the photo, the dog was highly inquisitive and impressed with this endeavor. I used the same yarn as I did for her birthday cowl (her birthday is Dec 23rd so it's so close to Christmas I forget what I got her for what).

Ravelry page is here.


I did get some medals for the Ravellenics. I had fun with my first Ravellenics and even though I basically got the "You participated!" medal, I'm good with that. I got 4 medals overall.


 I'm very ready to move on to warmer weather. I think the amount of cold and snow and the forced isolation have wrecked havoc with my disposition. I miss my patio, my dog wandering through the yard while I knit and sip wine in the sun. Until then.....I just dream


Daytona Beach, Florida


No comments:

Post a Comment