Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Take One Down Pass It Around

I've been enjoying the whole microbrew/craft beer movement that has been happening lately and Indianapolis is doing really well at keeping up with the trend. For the most part, I've never been a beer drinker, usually sticking to water or Coke while out at bars. Then I dated a homebrewer and, while that relationship ended fairly quickly, I discovered that I really love GOOD beer. My quest to try craft beers began.

Friday night, I went out with the data team from work to Union Brewing Company in Carmel, IN. They had a Groupon for a flight of beers and a t-shirt for, I think, $12. I'm used to flights being shot glasses of beer. Not at UBC! They gave us generous samples of 7 different beers.  Good place to try out if you are in the area, they back the Monon and, while it was still too chilly to go outside, it will be awesome when it warms up. They don't really offer food except on certain days, but food trucks make regular stops there.

 Doesn't this look inviting??

Today was the Jay County Fiber Festival. A larger blog post coming on that in a few days. It was pretty great :)

I got my shipment of yarn from loveknitting.com to start my first cardigan. It's really beautiful yarn and I'm excited to start. Since it's my first huge project, I'm carefully reading the pattern and making sure I have the right measurements and understand everything before I cast on. I've casted on in giddy excitement before and I usually had to frog the project back out. I really don't want to do that with this! I'm using the Iced Cardigan pattern from Knitty.com mainly because I saw it being worked on in The Knitgirllls podcast and it looked like a good starter for me.

 Colorway: Bakery

I'm still working on my Chicago Adventure socks and am working the heel flap (STILL!) of the first sock. I'm getting ready to cast on my friend's socks too so that she can get them fairly soon and then I won't have any knitting obligations on my plate :)

My knitting has slowed a bit because I was finishing Ashfall by Mike Mullin. Very good book and since I haven't mastered reading while knitting, the knitting took a backseat. Of course I've started a new book, The Sixth Extinction, so we'll see what happens.

Ah, I need to be independently wealthy....

No comments:

Post a Comment