Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

a monster gets more monstery

A monster I made had a terrible run in with a new beagle puppy. By the looks of it, the monster lost. The monster was returned to me to try and repair and, I'll be honest here, I wasn't sure I could do it.

The front of the monster with savage damage from the beagle. Most of Monster's brains had leaked out and were in the shopping bag his body came to me in.
The back wasn't too terrible but still.....leaking brrrrrraiiiiiiiiiinnnnns.

Luckily, I save the excess yarn from each project (if there is any) and I had saved some from the Monster. Luckily because it was a handdyed yarn I bought off of Etsy and the seller didn't have that color anymore.

I finally decided to gather as much as the loose stitches as I could without deforming the monster too much. I wanted him to have the same shape. After I did that I still had gaping holes, so I used the excess yarn and made "band-aids" and then just stitched them on. Part of me wanted to be very careful and make it look seamless but the part of me that said "Make this more Frankenstein!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA" won out.

So now, Monster looks a lot more monstery then he did to begin with and his little owner is happy to be reunited with him. Apparently, Monster looks so good that the little owner's brother wants HIS monster to look like her monster. Here's hopng the beagle doesn't get another treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment