Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rain Rain Go AWAY

With our onslaught of rain, my house is showing me new leaks. Very very frustrating, since this means that something might have happened to my roof during our nasty ice storms. Right now, I have fans going constantly trying to dry things out. At least I'm considering it as ambient noise to my knitting....right?

I purchased a Buddha Machine from Luna Records in Broad Ripple. Spillyjane knits was blogging about them recently and turns out, I really like it! It's the 3rd generation and has odd tones that seem to meld together into excellent "noise" in the background. Knitting is already meditative but this takes it to a new level. I completed an entire newborn hat without stopping and listening to the Buddha Machine. Excellent!

I had found some yarn at Stitches and Scones in Westfield that was just unique. It's Knitcol by Adriafil and it just turned out...neat. The ball of yarn is a little wild looking and it's hard to imagine how this will stripe up.
 And it stripes up very cool! I made 2 newborn hats with the same ball of yarn and they look completely different.

Next up, I'm attempting the OpArt baby blanket from Knitty. I think I've torn this out 7 times now because I could NOT get the center right. I ended up changing the pattern a bit and instead of doing pfb, I changed it all to kfb and am letting the front be plain stockinette stitch.  I think it's finally pulling together, but I switched to small circulars ASAP because the DPNs were just causing me all sorts of headaches. I have 32" circs to switch to once this gets bigger but I guess this shows I'm a circular girl and not a DPN girl.

 I chose Knit Picks Swish in Lotus (dark pink) and white. I should have read up on this first, because Ravelry shows that some of the darker Swish colors have bled into the white. *sigh* I have several more months before it's needed so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment