Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The yarn demands the pattern

It's funny how one thing tends to lead to another which tends to lead  you somewhere else entirely.

I was on Ravelry.com recently and saw a new group dedicated to helping the victims of the New Zealand earthquake. I joined and started reading through the posts. One member said that if you buy yarn from her etsy store she would donate a portion of the sale to Red Cross NZ. I click on over and am just bowled over by the yarn. I ended up buying 2 skeins of sock yarn.

I don't knit socks.

But one colorway was Jayne Cobb. Firefly! I was weak. (Jayne Cobb is on the right). But it's for a good cause!!

Did I mention I've never knitted socks??

So now that I have 2 gorgeous skeins of sock yarn, I'm on a quest for a basic sock pattern to try my hand at socks. Who knew this is where I would have ended up?

Sometimes the yarn really does demand a certain respect and you just have to do what it tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment