Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Iced Iced Baby

It's 2013 and it's the year of changes!

First off, I'm becoming the proud owner of a rescue dog on Friday. First pet in this house and I'm pretty stoked. (That word didn't age me at all....)

Secondly, this is the year I will make a sweater. Not a pullover because frankly I can't stand those. Thanks to thyroid problems I often have hot flashes so I tend to layer and take off what I can when I'm flashing. So I'm making a cardigan because, boy howdy, I love me some cardigans.

My only big problem with them is that I apparently have razor sharp elbows and they wear out fast. But I saw this pattern made on The Knitgirllls video podcast and since it's made with a bulkier yarn, I thought I could do this. 

Behold the Iced cardigan from Knitty.com





I excitedly bought some (sale) yarn from WEBS and was so happy when it arrived. I dutifully did my swatch and washed it.....and it felted right up. Did I really buy 22 balls of yarn that wasn't machine washable? Yes, yes I did.Wow.

I amaze myself sometimes.

So, it's not a total loss. I can make a nice cowl, mitten, hat set out of that yarn for this howling winter we're having. Now I just need to find washable yarn for my cardigan. AFTER I get my new dog settled in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment