Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fallin'

Fall is pretty much here. The windows are open, the air conditioner is off (buh-bye, high electric bill!) and I am happier. I do think Fall is my favorite season.

I'm super happy to report that I completed my first 5K since injuring my back! I did it in under an hour and cut one minute off my average mile. Last year was the inaugural Choose to Move: Race to Beat Parkinson's and since it hits so close to my dad's birthday, I've decided I will be walking (and maybe running) the 5K every year. My sister joined me last year and my mom joined us both this year. They did the 1 mile fun walk and I tackled the 5K walk (untimed). There was a really good crowd this year and I hope it keeps getting bigger!

Me, mom & April

 
:)

Next Sunday, my friend and I tackle the Chocoholic Frolic.

On The Needles

Still working on the Noro Waterfall scarf. I really need to get monogamous on something so I can start knocking these things off the needles. The color changes on this one are so addicting to watch so I may just cozy up to this scarf for a while.

Also still working on a Christmas present for my mom. I have about 30 rows (lonnnnggg rows) left to knit before the finishing. It's very pretty as well but I won't be able to mention it or post pictures until after the holidays. Arrrgh.

My Halloween socks are languishing.

I casted on one more Christmas present today - bulky weight yarn  so it should go quickly.

Boy, have I reconsidered my Christmas knitting. The majority of things I planned are no longer on the list to be worked for Christmas. I don't want to stress myself out this year and there are so many things I want to knit for myself.

Off The Needles

Another FO! I finished a present for my massage therapist - the Dichotomy shawl! The yarn is so dang pretty I really sped through knitting this just to keep seeing the color changes.

I do hope she likes it!

I also made up 2 Adventure Gnomes to give away this week. They went to the co-workers who paid $80 for a big handknit gnome for our silent auction at work that benefited a local food bank. I wanted to give them a little something extra.

The military gnome is just a little version of the big one that was requested. I made the other in leftover light blue and navy blue yarn. I changed the pattern to knit in the round because I really dislike seaming!


Cute little guys :)

Casting About

While I was looking for yarn for the gnomes, I found I had lots of spare yarn, little bits and pieces. So today I bought about 10 little totes and sorted all the spare yarn by weight. I'm thinking for most of the extra yarn, I have enough for some chemo caps, more adventure gnomes and I'm thinking of using iMake's mitered square recipe to make a pillow cover for a throw pillow. I have enough weights I think I could do the pillow and get a throw blanket out of them!

That's about it... back to listening to podcasts and knitting before heading back to the concrete jungle tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment