Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

It's for charity!

I usually always have something on the needles for charity. I have a group called The Firewalker Project that sends chemo caps and prayer shawls to Midwestern cancer centers and usually knit for Caps For A Cure as well. I think I feel like... I can knit well and if I have something I am good at, I should use it for good (with great power comes great responsibility!).

I received an email about an auction/raffle going on to raise money for the Friends of Ostomates-Worldwide and decided to knit a new Dichotomy shawl to send. I made it pink and white striped and actually didn't get a picture of it before I sent it out (oops). But I hope it brings in some good money! If you are in the Aurora, IL area on October 26th, go check it out!

My company is having it's annual food drive in a month and I am knitting up some things to donate to the silent auction. Last year, my large gnomes brought in $80 a piece and my ninja brought in $50.


Not the real charity gnomes

The ninja found a home

This year, I'm knitting dishcloths to add to a kitchen gift basket. I figure a set of 3, plus a few crocheted scrubbies a friend is donating, plus some other goodies, would make a nice auction item. And the bright and cheerful yellow and white yarn can't hurt.



Then I'm making the awesome rainbow scarf I made myself, but in Indianapolis Colts colors.

Lastly, I'm making a set of Adventure Gnomes to auction off. Those little guys have all the fun!



Philip the gnome in the Philippines
photos by Amy Brown

hooo boy
photo by Warren Sifre

Sir Crooked Beard at Victoria Falls, Africa
photo by Becky Savage

Herbie running the Get Your Rear In Gear race!
photo by http://instagram.com/eyesnappedonyou

Knit for Charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment