Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Podcast Spotlight: Stuff You Missed In History Class

This podcast has so much good content I get slightly overwhelmed sometimes.



Stuff you missed in History class is part of the Stuff Network and it covers the gamut of, literally, things not taught in history class. I had a seriously good history teacher (Mr. Wallace at Pendleton Heights, thank you!) and I'm learning things in this podcast that I haven't heard before.

The most current episodes are a mini-series on Chinese history - starting with Chairman Mao's plan to revolutionize agriculture in China. I just got done listening to a two-parter about The Great Locomotive Chase during the Civil War as well as learning about The Heathen School (failure) and the Tulsa race riot. All stuff I've never heard of before.

The episodes are usually kept about 30 minutes in length which is good, but understand that the history will be a bit abbreviated. Which is a good excuse to go read up on the subjects that interest you (and they provide book links and resources!).

Keep learnin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment