Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Yarn Clubber

I joined a yarn club last year, just one, to get a taste and see if it would be something that I like to do. Turns out... this could be an expensive hobby. Eeps.

Tempted Yarns had a Pin Up Beauties yarn club last year, and while I can't remember how I heard about it, I signed up immediately. Stacy let us do a payment plan, which also helped the temptation. Her yarn was beautiful and the little goodies that came with it were equally great. I'm still part of the Ravelry group and would still buy her yarn.

This year, I was pretty excited to be picked to be in the Sunnydale Yarn Club. I frickin' LOVE Buffy and I think I would have been upset not to get in to this one. This one is by Dizzy Blonde Studios and I heard about it on the Knotty Girls Knit Cast. So this time around is the 2nd patrol aka the second season. The blog (linked above) isn't completely caught up but take a look at the first yarn shipment they show. It's based on the Halloween episode where everyone changes into their costumes. I have no idea what to do with the yarn yet, because I think I don't want to hide it in a pair of shoes. Must search Ravelry!

I also joined the Golden Skein yarn club which is overseas. Kinda crazy, I know. But I heard about it on a UK podcast (which I can't for the life of me remember - if I do, I'll edit and post!). I joined The Slimmer's Club. Less expensive (but with a payment installment deal too) and I get 1 skein at a time. Basically the indie dyer's get photos for inspiration and they dye up yarn to go with the photo. The yarn arrives in a golden envelope. Quite beautiful!



Click to embiggen

I'm pretty happy with these 2 clubs for this year. I almost, almost joined Voolenvine's Art Nouveau club but held back.

At this point, even I have to admit, I need a yarn diet. So, I am now on one. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment